Beta D 2.071.0-b2

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 31 06:21:55 PDT 2016

On 3/31/16 3:22 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-03-30 13:03, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Second beta for the 2.071.0 release.
>
> I've found other confusing error messages. Compiling the following code:
>
> class Foo
> {
>      import core.stdc.config;
>
>      struct Bar
>      {
>          c_long a, b; // line 7
>      }
> }
>
> With the -transition=checkimports flag gives the following error messages:
>
> main.d(1): Deprecation: class main.Foo alias core.stdc.config.c_long
> found in local import
> main.d(7): Deprecation: local import search method found nothing (null)
> instead of alias core.stdc.config.c_long
> main.d(1): Deprecation: class main.Foo alias core.stdc.config.c_long
> found in local import
> main.d(7): Deprecation: local import search method found nothing (null)
> instead of alias core.stdc.config.c_long

These sure seem like bugs (including your other post).

The repetition (in case you are wondering) is because the compiler
prints a message for every usage of a symbol. In this case, you defined
two symbols, so you get two deprecation messages.

Note these aren't error messages, you should still get a binary.

-Steve