Blog article on new import changes

xenon325 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 31 18:48:57 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 at 12:58:00 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Sound better?

Yeah, thanks.

>> Not sure if it's worth it to repeat after each example. Feels
>> redundant.
>
> I think it's important to state the previous and new behavior,
> even though it's always the same. It does sound redundant, but
> makes it easier to understand.

That's reasonable. You could kinda "compress" this, however -
full description on first occurrence and a brief one later on.
This is a common practice AFAICT:

> With 2.070 and prior versions, compiling this works just fine.
> With 2.071 and above, you will get either a deprecation
> warning, or an error.

--> "With 2.070 and prior versions, compiling this works just
fine. In 2.071 it's deprecated (meaning you will get a warning
now and compilation error with some later version of the
compiler)"

> With 2.070, this compiled just fine. However, printf is
> supposed to be a private symbol of module ex2_a. With 2.071 and
> above, this will trigger a deprecation warning. In the future,
> the code will trigger an error.

--> "Fine with 2.070, deprecated in 2.071 because printf is
supposed to be a private symbol of module ex2_a"

> In 2.070, this produces no warning or error. In 2.071 and
> beyond, this will produce a deprecation warning, and eventually
> an error.

--> "Fine with 2.070, deprecated in 2.071"

Anyway, not a big deal. Sorry if I've gone too far with
nitpicking :) Thanks for the article!

-Alexander