GSoC 2016 - Precise GC

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 2 08:29:15 PDT 2016

Hi everyone!

I'm a little late to the party as far as my announcement goes,
but I have been busy reading code and doing research for my
project.

I was selected for this year's GSoC to implement a Precise GC,
but I'm also planning to remove the lock on allocations as
outlined in my proposal:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-UTFTbYro4vV0ljMUlSTEc2eEU/view?usp=sharing

My repository for the code can be found here:
https://github.com/Jebbs/druntime

I will be posting of my progress in this thread throughout the
course of the summer, but right now I am mainly focusing on
familiarizing myself with all of the GC code since there is quite
a lot of it. You will probably see me pushing some updates to
documentation between now and when GSoC officially starts, but I
hope to have already started making progress before then.

I'll do my best to not let you all down!