Live streaming of DConf 2016: confirmed

dilkROM via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 3 15:48:38 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 22:45:45 UTC, dilkROM wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 22:06:54 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

>>> Can't we get some communication on this issue ?
>>>
>>> I can't be the only person who wants to know what is
>>> happening ?
>>>
>>> Nick
>>
>> The twitter feed provides a link:
>> https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/
>>
>> But I'm probably not going to bother to wake up at 4am for
>> it...
>
> Yes, correct! There are currently three places to view the
> stream:
>
> Sociomantic Facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/
>
> Sociomantic Website:
> https://www.sociomantic.com/blog/2016/05/follow-dconf-2016-in-real-time/
>
> Sociomantic UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pR6fAWVkXzw
>
> We'll try to get a PR submitted to the official DConf website
> to get a stream there too so people really have a wide variety
> of where they are most comfortable to watch the live stream,
> but I'm not sure how likely that last addition will be given
> that the conference starting may engage most folks and thus
> prevent any site updates. I could be wrong though!
>
> If anyone else feels like they want to host a stream somewhere,
> please let me know!
>
> Lastly, if you want direct access to me or any other organizers
> during the event, best case is to Tweet directly to @DLangConf
> as that is more aggressively notifying us than the forums.

Aha, I've forgotten one fun tidbit! Dicebot has had the amazing
idea of providing a hashtag for "live questions" from the remote
audience. So if you're watching and want to say or ask something,
simply Tweet and include the hashtag #askDConf. Dicebot will pick
up the Q's and pass them onto the appropriate party in the event
itself. Should be quite a fun way to interact with the live
stream! :)