Live streaming of DConf 2016: confirmed

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 3 16:09:25 PDT 2016

On 04/05/2016 10:45 AM, dilkROM wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 22:06:54 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

>>> Can't we get some communication on this issue ?
>>>
>>> I can't be the only person who wants to know what is happening ?
>>>
>>> Nick
>>
>> The twitter feed provides a link:
>> https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/
>>
>> But I'm probably not going to bother to wake up at 4am for it...
>
> Yes, correct! There are currently three places to view the stream:
>
> Sociomantic Facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/
>
> Sociomantic Website:
> https://www.sociomantic.com/blog/2016/05/follow-dconf-2016-in-real-time/
>
> Sociomantic UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pR6fAWVkXzw
>
> We'll try to get a PR submitted to the official DConf website to get a
> stream there too so people really have a wide variety of where they are
> most comfortable to watch the live stream, but I'm not sure how likely
> that last addition will be given that the conference starting may engage
> most folks and thus prevent any site updates. I could be wrong though!
>
> If anyone else feels like they want to host a stream somewhere, please
> let me know!
>
> Lastly, if you want direct access to me or any other organizers during
> the event, best case is to Tweet directly to @DLangConf as that is more
> aggressively notifying us than the forums.

I'd love to mirror it on livecoding.tv. Of course the main concern with
this is a round trip to europe from New Zealand would not be very good
for viewers, even if I'm on a fiber connection.

Wouldn't be too hard I suppose to write an irc bot to mirror chat there
on to FreeNode #D or even automate tweets. Especially with my irc to
XMPP bridge (free for use).