Live streaming of DConf 2016: confirmed

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 5 03:59:29 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 4 May 2016 at 14:16:20 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
> Joakim <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:

>>> Can it be html5 ?
>>>
>>> https://support.ustream.tv/hc/en-us/articles/208999037-New-Ustream-Player-Overview
>>
>> Sound doesn't work in the official Ustream Android app either
>> for the Dconf stream, as I noted.  My guess would be that the
>> HTML5 player and the Android app try to use whatever audio
>> codecs are built into Android, instead of the app using its
>> own codecs, and the codec chosen by the Dconf livestream is
>> not normally supported on Android for whatever reason.
>
> Also, no audo with iPhone or OS X.  Even downloaded Ustream
> app.  Must be an upstream problem.  Looks like Kai is giving a
> nice talk though.

Doeme on the irc channel #D found an archived Ustream link that
works on VLC and MX Player on Android, I extracted the other
three.  Use those video players' dialogs to open a network stream
and paste in these URLs to watch the talks from yesterday.

Andrei's keynote, Ali, and first half of Luis's talk -

http://tcdn.ustream.tv/video/86352137?preset_id=1&e=1462456858&h=2bce1d511ca41cc6e047dcfa00bcaf2d&source=api

Remaining 20 mins. of Luis's talk -

http://tcdn.ustream.tv/video/86356923?preset_id=1&e=1462459599&h=2368da51796310f9af4a95552c989458&source=api

Ethan and Kai's talks -