Commercial video processing app in D (experience report)

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 5 22:53:04 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 5 May 2016 at 18:33:44 UTC, TheGag96 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 at 12:42:05 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
>> (snip)
>
> Sorry to bump this thread, but how did you handle multiple
> windows using DlangUI? (As in, were you able to prevent input
> on the main window while another one was open, etc.) I know
> Vadim/buggins is working on improving that right now but I'd
> like to know if there's a clean way to handle more than one
> window already.

In our case there is one main window and a few other windows get
opened one at a time (Platform.instance.createWindow with
WindowFlag.Modal), increasing number of open windows to 2, and
sometimes native dialogs are invoked in addition to the 2 DLangUI
windows. I remember there was some glitches like if you press
Enter in OS-native file dialog and it gets closed then an odd
Enter key press message may be received by DLangUI window, but we
used one simple trick: before opening some modal window change
focus in current window to something harmless. After that
everything worked quite well. But we're not using more than one
active (i.e. not shadowed by a modal one) window at a time, so
don't meet with issues you might meet there.