Adventures in D Programming

Peter Häggman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun May 8 15:22:08 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 17:19:05 UTC, qznc wrote:
> On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 06:05:36 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> http://blog.tenstral.net/2016/05/adventures-in-d-programming.html
>
> Thanks, I missed that post until now.
>

> "the documentation not matching the actual code is a bad
> experience for someone new to the language"
>
> I would interpret that as a sign that we want multiple versions
> of documentation available on the website. For example, Python
> does that.

You've quoted the wrong part of the paragraph. The real problem
he encountered was not the doc, it was the phobos bugs in the
older version shipped with GDC/LDC:

"For GDC, which I used to compile my code due to LDC having bugs
at that time, this means that it is shipping with a very outdated
copy of Phobos"

The the doc thing is "just" a symptom. Older offline doc is
always available in the release archive, it's easy to understand
that so it's not the actual problem.