C#7 features

Peter Häggman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun May 8 17:44:09 PDT 2016

On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 14:33:22 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Most of them are also present in D, yay.
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/4i3h77/some_new_c7_features/
>
> Added a comment:
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/4i3h77/some_new_c7_features/d2v5lu6
>

> Andrei

Their tuples seem to be a complete DIY:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.tuple(v=vs.110).aspx

I wouldn't be surpised to see in the implementation an array of
variant or something like that, explaining why it's limited to
octuples [1]. Sharp tuples look weak compared to D tuple-ish
things: Tuple, TList, AliasSeq, variadics, ...

[1] Also I think that the param-"variadicity" is simply emulated
via a set of overloaded constructor, explaining why they stop at
8.