To all DConf speakers: please upload slides!

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 12 17:31:05 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 23:14:05 UTC, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Steven Schveighoffer, el 12 de May a las 16:55 me escribiste:
>> >
>> >Just a minor complaint - would it be possible for the next
>> >dconf to have the slides (or a link to them) on dconf.org
>> >before the talk starts? Thanks for the great work!
>>
>> I think it's better to not have the slides available until the
>> talk starts. There may be jokes/surprises in the slides that
>> you don't want to give away before the talk happens :)
>
> Exactly, I would say it depends on the talk, for my talk I
> didn't want to provide the slides beforehand ;-)

Here's a crazy idea: provide a simple/short URL to the slides as
the second slide of your talk (and speak out loud the URL just in
case the camera doesn't get it) :)

Bonus: getting the slides on the presenting machine becomes easy
too. (Just make sure that the relevant software supports the
features that your presentation uses, cough...)