D's Auto Decoding and You

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 07:06:37 PDT 2016

http://jackstouffer.com/blog/d_auto_decoding_and_you.html

Based on the recent thread in General, I wrote this blog post
that's designed to be part beginner tutorial, part objective
record of the debate over it, and finally my opinions on the
matter.

When I first learned about auto-decoding, I was kinda miffed that
there wasn't anything in the docs or on the website that went
into more detail. So I wrote this in order to introduce people
who are getting into D to the concept, it's benefits, and
downsides. When people are confused in Learn why typeof(s.front)
== dchar then this can just be linked to them.

If you think there should be any more information included in the
article, please let me know so I can add it.