D's Auto Decoding and You

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 09:24:31 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 14:06:37 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> http://jackstouffer.com/blog/d_auto_decoding_and_you.html
>
> Based on the recent thread in General, I wrote this blog post
> that's designed to be part beginner tutorial, part objective
> record of the debate over it, and finally my opinions on the
> matter.

I probably would have preferred this split up into two parts with
one on the tutorial and one on the record of the debate. It seems
to focus more on the debate.

Maybe you could get add a section that was like "for THIS type of
string, do X for performance" with clear explanations of why that
is the best way and why other ways will be slower. Then, you can
have other sub-sections for "for THAT type of string, do Y for
performance." You have some of this detail in there, but it's
organized more with respect to the context of the debate, I think.