mago-mi: GDB/MI compatible frontend for Mago debugger

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 17 09:56:38 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 13:04:23 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Interesting. I was about to ask what was the main advantage
> over GDB? I reckon it is that Mago can debug executables with
> the COFF and/or OMF formats, right? (as opposed to GDB's DWARF
> format)

Mago currently has the best D language support on Windows. Can
debug DMD generated executables.

Do you know any GDB version + compiler version which works ok on
Windows?
Even w/o D demangling. At least able to create breakpoints, step,
continue, examining threads, stack frames, local variables. In
gdb+gdc combination I tried, gdb shows global variables instead
of stack variables.

Does DDT work ok with GDB on Windows? What compiler can be used
to get GDB debugging working?