mago-mi: GDB/MI compatible frontend for Mago debugger

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 19 20:54:29 PDT 2016

On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 03:15:46 UTC, E.S. Quinn wrote:
> Unfortunately in this particular case, CDT's debugging is
> pretty fancy and is going to need most if not all of the MI.
>
>> I also don't know which MI commands need to be supported to
>> have it work with DDT. The thing is I didn't write the GDB
>> debugger integration for DDT, I just reused the one from CDT.
>> So I'm not that familiar with those internals.
>>
>> BTW, the MI integration is fairly language agnostic, so in
>> theory your debugger could be used by CDT to debug C/C++
>> programs too, no? At least those generated by DMC. Maybe
>> Visual Studio ones too?
>
> I'm experimenting with the build of mago-mi that comes with the
> current ~master for dlangide, and it seems to throw an
> unrecognized parameter error when on the --log-level=TRACE
> parameter.
>
> And it seems that the version string it returns upsets eclipse,
> as it throws the following error:
>
>  Could not determine GDB version using command:
> D:\WinHome\<redacted>\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\dlangide-master\bin\mago-mi.exe --version
>  Unexpected output format:
>
>  mago-mi debugger v0.1
>

> Though, from my experience using it in Linux, eclipse-CDT's
> debugger seems pretty full-featured; it will likely require
> large swaths of mi functionality to be fully useful.

Need to show version like lldb-mi does - writes gnu gdb version,
then says that really it's not a GDB

Let me check problem with --log-level