pl0stuff an optimizing pl0 > c transcompiler

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 20 11:04:55 PDT 2016

On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 16:41:30 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 10:45:59 UTC, Nick B wrote:
>> what languages do you plan to support for input and output ?
>
> I just planned on PL/0 as input and C as output.
> It is a simple one-pass (okay 2 pass if you count the
> optimizer) trans-compilation.

Update I have implemented D codegen.
The CodeGenerator as well as the optimizer work at CTFE.
Therefore you can transcompile code at compileTime at call PL/0
functions as there were naively implemented in D.

While this does not make sense for underpowered languages like
PL/0.
You can apply the same concept to something more powerful.

I will write up a detailed blogpost about the mechanisem at
codesoldier.blogspot.de