Release DUB 0.9.25, new logo and updated website design

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 08:13:56 PDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-05-23 at 15:19 +0200, Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> Am 23.05.2016 um 15:01 schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-
> announce:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is the Dub API published anywhere. I propose to write a dmd/ldc/gdc
> > subtool so that dependency management based on the Dub repository
> > is
> > provided for SCons D builds.
> >

> Online docs are still on the TODO list, but you can do
>
>      dub fetch dub
>      dub run dub -b ddox
>
> And it will start up a local HTTP server on http://127.0.0.1:8080/
> with
> the API documentation.

I think I have not expressed my needs as I intended. The above is about
the code that runs, I am more interested in the way of interacting with
a running server. I appreciate this latter is (sort of) contained in
the former, but I think they are two different needs and so require
different documentation.  It sounds as though all forms of
documentation are on the "not done yet" which is understandable.

My need is two write a Python program that queries the running Dub
repository. So I am guessing this is an HTTP-based protocol.

I guess I will have to read the Dub code and deduce/infer/guess the
necessary protocol. Not a problem, but it would have been easier for me
not to have to do this but to have the API. Is there a repository with
the beginnings of something that I might contribute to?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk