matrix library

Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 13:11:22 PDT 2016

On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 18:10:40 UTC, Carl Vogel wrote:
> How does what you're doing compare to what's in
> https://github.com/DlangScience/scid/blob/master/source/scid/linalg.d ?

Basically, I have made a matrix structure and wrapped some basic
arithmetic, while scid.linalg provides functions wrapping some
heavier tasks (inversion, determinant, etc).
There appears to be no functional overlap, and I think what I
will do is contribute any actual linalg routines I write back to
scid.linalg, and then import it as a dependency to this package.
The stuff in my lib right now is way less careful wrt resources
than scid.linalg and wouldn't serve as a general-purpose matrix
wrapper. Maybe in enough iterations it will converge on something
relatively performant.

On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 18:10:40 UTC, Carl Vogel wrote:
> Making the dims template/compile-time params is an interesting
> choice, but I wonder if it is unduly limiting.

Yeah, you are right. I mentioned dynamic-array-backed matrices as
an efficiency thing in my first post but that would be a good way
to solve this problem as well.