matrix library

Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 23 16:08:46 PDT 2016

On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 20:56:54 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen wrote:
> There is also mir, which is working towards being a full
> replacement for blas:
> https://github.com/libmir/mir
>
> It is still under development, but I think the goal is to
> become the ultimate matrix library :)

I am sorely tempted to use mir's MatrixView as the backend for
the matrix slicing but don't know what else I might need from
cblas, so maybe this will come later (especially when I figure
out, or someone explains, what the proper resource/reference
handling should be, especially in the case of small matrices
backed by static arrays or something).

Now I am thinking that the best way to orthogonalize (sorry) my
efforts with respect to mir and scid.linalg is to use them as
backend drivers, maintain this wrapper for the crowd that isn't
as familiar with blas/lapack, or wants to write slightly more
concise top-level code, and forward the relevant bug reports and
pull requests to mir and scid.