Introducing mach.d, the github repo where I put whatever modules I happen to write

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 25 16:46:25 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 23:21:09 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 22:52:44 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 25 May 2016 at 22:19:28 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>> is that people love to collect and build their own ecosystem,
>>> but it would be a lot better if for a specific use-case
>>> there's a great dub package or it's part of Phobos.
>>
>> I, and I'm pretty sure Vladimir too, have been writing these
>> libs since looooong before dub was conceived and even before
>> anybody took Phobos seriously.
>
> Yes, and they are great. However now we have dub and a
> "serious" standard library  ;-)

It's really easy to use Adam's libraries. You copy a single file
into the directory, add an import to your program, and you're
done. With Dub you're fiddling around with config files using a
format that's not even properly documented. It's fine if you like
Dub, the nice thing about open source is choice, but I wish the
constant push to get everything into Dub would end.