SQLite-D alpha is here

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu May 26 22:12:33 PDT 2016

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 05:03:43 UTC, xenon325 wrote:

> For example, I have one thread with traditional (slow) SQLite
> client, which seldom updates data. And another thread which
> reads data with sqlite-d. Will not program crash or read
> trash/inconsistent data ?

sqlite-d provides no safety whatsoever.
You will the database read in whatever state the operation system
see the underlying file.

It is unlikely that it will crash.
But of course it may read stale or incomplete data.

There is a locking mechanism in SQLite-proper.
However SQLite-D currently makes no attempt in looking for the
lock-page.

As a side note:
I would like to make clear that SQLite is very fast for what it
does.
It is among the fastest of SQL-databases, and has a high quality
of implementation.