A ready to use Vulkan triangle example for D

maik klein via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 27 11:40:24 PDT 2016

https://github.com/MaikKlein/VulkanTriangleD

Currently only Linux is supported but it should be fairly easy to
also add Windows support. Only the surface extensions have to be
changed.

The example requires Vulkan ready hardware + driver + LunarG sdk
with validation layer + sdl2.

Another dependency is ErupteD which I have forked myself because
there is currently an issue with xlib-d and xcb-d with their
versioning.

The example is also not currently completely 100% correct but it
should run on most hardware.

I don't get any validation errors but I am sure I have made a few
mistakes along the way.

It took me around 15 hours to get to a working triangle and I
hope this might help someone who is interested in Vulkan.