Article: Running D without its runtime

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 9 16:56:02 PST 2016

https://www.auburnsounds.com/blog/2016-11-10_Running-D-without-its-runtime.html

"Our products now run with the D language runtime disabled. This
post is both a post-mortem and tutorial on how to live without
the D runtime. "

This only covers the middle road where you link with the runtime
and not initialize it.

Basically describes the process of leaving the D runtime disabled
for products that used to rely on it. I present a simple way to
have MM exceptions in @nogc (an idea originally from Adam D Ruppe
I think).

It wasn't very hard just took lots of grunt work. What striked me
most during the process was the cascade of things that couldn't
be "nothrow @nogc" because Object.~this isn't. So the workaround
is rather ugly, and you don't get to reuse things using the
regular .destroy (like Unique, scoped!, etc.)