Release D 2.072.0

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 11 06:02:24 PST 2016

>> ... or one can spend one extra hour to implement deprecation path and
>> the issue disappears completely.
>
> There is a misunderstanding that the new cycle detection is an "upgrade"
> of some kind. It's a bug fix.

There is no difference between a bug fix and "upgrade" in context of
deprecation path expectations. It affects robustness of package
ecosystem in the same way.

> There is a path to use new DMD with your buggy code, just use
> --DRT-oncycle=ignore. It's just not the default.

Well, this is the reason why I haven't filed it as a regression. It is
bad, but being able to ignore detection if rt flag makes it tolerable.

I am still going to look into keeping both algorithms for this release
but don't view it as blocking regression.