Release D 2.072.0

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 11 06:42:51 PST 2016

On 11/11/16 9:06 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 11.11.2016 14:42, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

>> The option to ignore the cycles is there, added to allow for people to
>> use the new DMD even if cycles exist. However, it is a runtime switch,
>> which means you have to run it that way.
>>

> You can also embed the option into the executable. See the bottom of
> https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html#gc_config.

I didn't know that! Very nice, and a good mechanism to help those with
deprecation issues -- if you put the oncycle=print in that list of
options, then the new code will still run when a cycle is present, and
old runtime will simply ignore that. No need to add the option when running.

> Is there another place where --DRT-options are listed?

I don't think so. Probably a good idea to list somewhere. As there is no
central processing of options (they are parsed, but not handled until
requested), it's less obvious where all the usages are. I only found the
GC options and maybe one other.

-Steve