SecureD - A simple cryptography library for D

Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 13 01:10:30 PST 2016

Suliman wrote:
>> It would take some research, but the native Botan library makes heavy
>> use of C++ templates
> There is native lib https://github.com/etcimon/botan
>
> Some people with whom I talked said that botan is too low level for them
> and it's hard for them to use it. So your lib maybe very good wrap on
> top of it.

I know of that work. I even looked at it. But it is a port and not an
interface, that makes me very skeptical. Even though it's the same
codebase, you basically have to restart the trust building and code
verification process all over again. It's Botan the code, but not Botan
the library.

I also agree that Botan is too low level. If you want too, I'd be happy
to review a PR that integrates Botan instead of OpenSSL.

My goal is the simple interface, not the underlying implementation.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender