DIP document maintenance

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 17 12:47:10 PST 2016

On 11/17/2016 10:43 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> Yes. Assuming you do want multiple review iterations support, I can
> imagine something like this:
>
> - new "review candidate #" field is added to the header
> - it is set to 0 on initial merge and to 1 after incorporating initial
> NG feedback
> - it also references specific DIP version hash matching time of
> incrementing the version
> - changes to DIP are made in a regular manner. When author is done, rc #
> is incremented and hash gets updated
> - included reviews refer to specific rc #
>
> If that sounds good, I'll make a PR to update README and ping you from
> there.

Yes, it does sound good. I think in general the "Information Requested"
stage may contain one or more hefty reviews and also ask for arbitrarily
complex information. So we need to allow submitters the opportunity to
submit a distinct version of the same DIP with significant enhancements
that is essentially a new document (with its own review!) save for the
DIP number. Thanks! -- Andrei