Nov 16 - Memory Safety and the D Programming Language

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 21 11:30:29 PST 2016

On 11/21/2016 7:20 AM, ixid wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 November 2016 at 22:34:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> So, there will be a recording? Great!
>>

>> Unfortunately, the audio was lost 18 minutes in. Looks to be not worth
>> posting. I do have the slides up, though.
>>
>> http://www.walterbright.com
>
> Would it be worth the D Foundation investing in a good portable setup for
> recording people's talks? Certainly for the main D conference but also for the
> core team members and other VIPs. There is considerable value in high quality
> recordings being available. The quality of some previously has been very poor
> due to the limitations of the equipment available.
>
> Also some shared guidance about how to record a talk effectively.

I was wearing a wireless Lavalier microphone. I suspect what happened is the
batteries in it died. The mike is professional (it's Microsoft's) but that
doesn't help if one doesn't remember to install fresh batteries.