DConf 2017: Bigger, Badder, and Berliner! Call for Submissions now open

Andy Smith via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 25 18:10:29 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 20:54:27 UTC, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 01:36:20 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 11/19/16 4:17 PM, Andy Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Until branding for the 2017 conf is sorted out/agreed would
>>> it be a big
>>> deal to 'steal' the cool purple D rocket branding from the
>>> 2016 site?
>>> (Changing the 6 to a 7 obviously). If you switch between the
>>> two pages (
>>> 2016 vs 2017 ). 2017 currently looks distinctly spartan :-(
>>>
>>> http://dconf.org/2017
>>>
>>> http://dconf.org/2016
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> A.
>>
>> That would be great. Do you have time to volunteer a couple of
>> PRs? -- Andrei
>
> I've no idea what this will look like but fwiw - here's a stab
> at updating the logo. Sincere apologies to the original
> designer :-)
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dconf.org/pull/142
>
> Cheers,
>
> A.

I see this was pulled but no feedback as to whether it looked
okay?  Doesn't seem to have made its way into the Dconf 2017
site. Seriously I have no idea how my PR looks as I've not idea
how to run ddoc.

All I know is that the 2017 site as it stands could use a bit of
love and I'm happy to help.

Let me know :-)

Cheers,

A.