Beta 2.072.0-b1

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 2 06:33:58 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 2 October 2016 at 12:43:00 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 October 2016 at 00:18:23 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> It was compiling fine with 2.071.2. I cant say if this is a
>> regression or not.
>> If not it would mean that the previous management of the
>> static ctor hided a problem ?
>
> Yes, previously cyclic dependencies through a third module
> without ctor were not detected correctly. Therefore it was
> possible to use a module before it was initialized.

This problem is fortunately fixed by moving a static ctor from a
module to another but I still get some very strange messages
saying "stuff does not override any function". Some of them are
related to member functions with void() for type, so it cannot be
an error in the signature.

The messages are not emitted when I unittest the module that
contains the classes but only when I subclass in a simple script.

Does any change related to protection attributes would be able to
trigger them ?
Such a breakage is really hardly believable (it's very basic OOP).