Battle-plan for CTFE

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 01:34:06 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 25 September 2016 at 18:21:27 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
>

>> :D congrats!
>>

> I appreciate it.
> If all goes well there will be a separate nightly release build from the
> newCTFE branch,  sometime in October.
>
> I hope to get alpha bug reports that way.
>
> Also I am now starting experimentation with actual JIT to make sure my API
> and ABI definitions are not bogus.
> (For the record an earlier design made slices impossible) Luckily I
> spotted this before I went to far with it.
>
> Unfortunately many basic features are still very brittle or completely
> dysfunctional.
> (Such as function calls or structs.)
> Again I apologize for the delay.
> My adventures in template-land, were quite time consuming.
> Although arguably with interesting results.
>
> If you have any questions regarding my work with the DMD, please ask away.
>
> Greetings,
> Stefan

No worries, I've been watching this space for over a decade. I really
believe you are working on one of the most important parts of IT for the
next decade. I am planning/making a library that uses CTFE extensively and
feel much more confident about it purely because of your work on getting
CTFE performance to be a non-issue.