code-d 0.12.0 - The user friendly release (code-d for noobs)

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 06:32:55 PDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 3:22 PM, WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 07:44:00 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce <
>> digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please, add Sublime support
>>>

>> @WebFreak001: I too am curious as to why you chose to support two obscure
>> editors rather than Sublime as your first supported editors. (Obscure
>> compared to Sublime anyway).
>>
>> First thing that comes to mind is Sublime is closed source, then one
>> thinks why not limetext, then I realise that feels like a tip of the hat to
>> #golang which feels like betrayal in some ways :D.
>>
>> Really like what you are doing with workspace-d regardless of the Sublime
>> Text support.
>>
>> PS: is it because those two editors are JS based?
>> PS2: dml completion...nice! Really want to try that out since dlangui got
>> console support.
>>

> well having JS support is great because it means I don't need to port my
> code, but I didn't add support to sublime because I never used it.
> Especially the fact that you can buy it makes me wanna not get it becuase
> that means the free version has some disadvantages to the paid version. And
> its just a simple text editor, not really wanting to pay for that.
> Especially for that price.

I haven't used anything else since I started using Sublime because of
CTRL+d (multi select the next match of my current selection) and fuzzy
search of the available commands.