code-d 0.12.0 - The user friendly release (code-d for noobs)

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 5 08:07:42 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 14:56:30 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 October 2016 at 19:28:27 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> I've been working a lot on the new features for code-d to
>> improve the user experience for new users and lower the
>> barrier of creating D projects.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Windows 7 x64
>
> I'm trying:
> 1. Create new project (empty console application)
>
> Sometime within this step I got one of these errors (or both):
>
> a)
> std.exception.ErrnoException at C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\stdio.d(2543):  (Bad file descriptor)
>
> reproduce: create the project, close IDE (and don't do "close
> folder"). Delete all files from project's directory. Run IDE
> and try create project again.

hmm... I'm gonna try to find out why thats happening

> b) std.socket.SocketOSException at std\socket.d(2777): Unable to
> connect socket: No connection could be made because the target
> machine actively refused it.
> (problem with dcd-client or dcd-server as I understand)

Yeah I know about this one because it also keeps happening to me.
Not really high priority right now because its just happening
when you close vscode. But I need to find out why this happens in
the future.

> Sometime second error also appears after IDE closed (also once
> I had "dcd-server.exe has stopped working" error)

Never had that happen before

> 2. Run created project using "code-d: run project",
> result is:
>
> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
> Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> Not enough storage is available to process this command.
>
> f:\projects\dlang\coded_test>

Uh... `code-d: run project` is just opening a terminal and run
`dub` in there with some other arguments. Idk why this would
result in "not enough storage space available"

> Sometime if I trying run "Empty DlangUI Application" then I
> have this error:
> command 'code-d.run' not found
> (for example, when try to run immediately after creation).

This happens if it isn't done initializing yet