code-d 0.12.0 - The user friendly release (code-d for noobs)

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 6 09:43:56 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 6 October 2016 at 11:39:17 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 October 2016 at 19:28:27 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> I've been working a lot on the new features for code-d to
>> improve the user experience for new users and lower the
>> barrier of creating D projects.
>
> What I really wish I had was integration with the compilation
> process (either pure (r)dmd or dub), since having to manually
> find in my editor the error lines mentioned by the compiler is
> quite inconvenient.
>
> Debugging is probably a pipedream, no?

code-d runs dub to get the compiler errors and display them, just
press the errors/warnings button at the bottom left.

Debugging is also implemented if you install my second extension
if you search for `webfreak.debug` in the extension search. Then
using the code-d debug button in the statusbar you can debug your
app. Works on linux, windows and osx assuming you have the
debuggers installed (on windows if you magically get gdb or lldb
working then thats great but otherwise there is also Mago/MI
support)