code-d 0.12.0 - The user friendly release (code-d for noobs)

bitwise via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 8 10:27:03 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 4 October 2016 at 19:28:27 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> * detection of missing tools & installation

I'm trying to use VSCode/mac-os and getting some errors.

First, I tried to install all the required tools, and got an
error because the installation/compilation couldn't find the new
experimental allocators. Updating dmd fixed this, but there
didn't seem to be any explicit check/message that dmd was out of
date IIRC.

After updating DMD, 3 of the tools seemed to have installed
correctly, but I am still getting this error:

"workspace-d is not installed or points to a folder"

I tried setting "d.workspacedPath" in user settings to the
executable in the /Users/me/.vscode/extensions/... folder, but it
still doesn't work.

Also, unrelated to the above, I've set"d.stdlibPath" to the
appropriate paths, but completion still doesn't work. I'm
guessing workspace-d not being found has something to do with
this..?

Anyways, thanks for the good work. Can't wait to get this thing
up and running.