mysql-native v0.1.7

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 21 02:35:32 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 21:25:50 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> Minor update to mysql-native: A client driver for MySQL/MariaDB
> written natively in D from scratch via the published protocol
> specs, with no dependency on the C MySQL client library.
> Supports either Phobos or Vide.d sockets (works with or without
> Vibe.d).
>
> https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native
> DUB: http://code.dlang.org/packages/mysql-native
>
> In v0.1.7:
> - New: Test suite automatically tests with both Vibe and Phobos
> sockets, not just Phobos. (@Abscissa)
> - Change: Drop support for DMDFE 2.066.1 and below. Compiles on
> DMDFE 2.067.1 through 2.072.0.
> - Fixed: Fix an import deprecation message for DMD 2.071.
> (@Abscissa)
> - Fixed: #57: Added support for passing null parameters in
> prepared statements by using Variant(null) (@machindertech)
> - Fixed: #63/#69: Add escape module to package import (@Marenz)
> - Fixed: #68: Update alias syntax (@Marenz)
>
> Full changelog:
> https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>
> I know I've said docs and examples are a top priority for
> mysql-native, but it's become clear that the API is in serious
> need of a refresh, so for the most part, I've held off on the
> docs this time to avoid wasted effort documenting
> to-be-deprecated interfaces.
>
> Unless any pressing issues appear, expect the next release to
> be an experimental branch showcasing a beta of a new API. If
> possible, I'd like to have at least one release where the old
> API is still functional, but deprecated.

Please consider to look at the APIs of the other mysql libs,
maybe there is one
which you can use. I found it easier to use the APIs of  mysql-d
(https://github.com/paxa/mysql.d) but mysql-lited
(https://github.com/eBookingServices/mysql-lited) looks more
enhanced. But here too:

> Documentation is not ready yet

I would be very happy, if in the end there would be only one
superior mysql-lib for D, so
all can work together to improve this one.

Regards mt.