Box2D Lite D Port (Yet Another)

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 31 02:56:09 PDT 2016

On Monday, 31 October 2016 at 09:22:22 UTC, Martin DraĊĦar wrote:
> Neat! Not that I need a physics engine right now, but it is
> always good to have implementation of some structures at hand.
thank you.

> Anyway, tht Invisible Vector project of yours, is it a
> collection of useful stuff like Adam's arsd, or is some
> standalone project?
it is like Adam's arsd: a collection of random things. basically,
when i need something for one of my projects, i'm going to
steal/implement it "in-place" (i.e. in project source tree), and
later i may see that implementation as a good thing to share
between other projects. at this stage i'm doing some more work on
it, and then moving it in IV. and even if it won't be shared
between projects, i sometimes moving it to IV just to have it
everything in one place. ;-)

> I am asking, because it seems to contain some nice things (like
> a sat solver port) that may help others and could benefit from
> being more accessible than only with a programmer's spelunker
> gear. And I am saying this with full knowledge of your
> passionate hate for github and to some extent for dub.
i investigated the possibility of having IV as collection of DUB
projects (again), and it is still too intrusive. alas. actually,
i'd like to feature IV as a set of libraries with dependencies on
code.dlang.org, so people can easily use 'em, but DUB isn't very
tolerant to things that aren't done in "DUB way". i am really
saddened by that, but i have no desire to work on DUB, neither to
"dubify" my workflow.

i'm trying to help those who wants to use my code, tho. ;-) i'm
usually available on IRC.

p.s. to keep it all somewhat on-topic: if someone wants to add
more joint types, it is possible to take 'em from Chipmunk code,
almost unmodified. Chipmunk is using basically the same
integration scheme (preStep/applyImpulse), so you'd have to do
some simple renamings (cpFloat -> VFloat, etc.), and replace
Chipmunk's vector math with iv.vmath. i deliberately avoied doing
that to keep the code small (and to not spoil the fun of turning
something simple to something more powerful ;-).