Beta release vibe.d 0.7.30-beta.1

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 1 00:32:43 PDT 2016

Am 31.08.2016 um 16:56 schrieb Martin Tschierschke:
> On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 09:00:47 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Am 31.08.2016 um 10:57 schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
> [...]
>>> All changes:
>>> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>>>
>>> DUB package:
>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/vibe-d/0.7.30-beta.1
>>>
>>> [1]: http://code.dlang.org/packages/vibe-sdlang
>> [2]: http://code.dlang.org/packages/diet-ng
> Nice to read on the ongoing progress!
>
> Can you give a road map of what will be next, may be as an interview to
> the D Blog?

My intention was to write something up since DConf this year, I just
didn't manage to do it so far (the last months were extremely busy with
other things). But it's still on the TODO list.

> When do you think vibe's version will be 1.0.0?

I'm currently still working on vibe-core [1], which will be the 1.0.0 of
the core parts of the current vibe-d package. The API is more or less
backwards compatible, but the insides have been thoroughly redesigned
based on the experiences and language changes of the past years. I hope
to get that into beta in weeks to (few) months and it is more or less
just held back by the final decision for an event loop abstraction.

Similarly, diet-ng will be the 1.0.0 of the Diet template render module.
The rest of the sub packages will get the same treatment once vibe-core
is done. From then on, they will all receive their own individual
version numbers, according to their particular development pace.

[1]: https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe-core