Beta D 2.071.2-b3

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 1 23:47:42 PDT 2016

On Friday, 2 September 2016 at 06:27:11 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
> Perhaps @system code should just completely ignore privacy?

it is uncontrollable. imagine attribute inference: today, your
function was inferred @system, and it sees everything. and
tomorrow you fixed some other things, and now your function
inferred as @safe. BOOM! without warning, it doesn't do what it
does before (but still works!), and you didn't even touched it's
code. this is the worst kind of breakage.

> Could have a compiler option that changes the access errors
> into warnings?

each compiler option of this kind means "we failed our design
task, brought you the feature that is so unusable that we even
made it possible to turn it off globally. sorry, we giving up,
now it is up to you to clean up the mess after us."