Beta D 2.071.2-b3

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 4 01:57:15 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 3 September 2016 at 18:06:37 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> There are enough ways to leak access to private entity (alias,
> template argument, taking address, some compile-time
> introspection) to make such optimizations impossible without
> extensive program analysis.

OK, anything else that would be impaired by allowing access to
private members?
I think the unsafe requirement Walter asked for would be too much
for the point release.
We could create an intermediate solution that ignores visibility
but still keep the access checks around (basically the old
behavior) until most of them will get removed in a later release.