[OT] LLVM 3.9 released - you can try the release already with LDC!

Kai Nacke via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 8 13:46:57 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 6 September 2016 at 10:51:16 UTC, eugene wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 September 2016 at 09:42:11 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
> wrote:
>>
>> There are lot of projects using LLVM [1]. The fact that LDC if
>> often cited in the release notes means that it's one of the
>> best. This is free advertisement, as the LLVM release notes
>> are read by PL people that may not know D. The fact that LDC
>> is recognized as one of the most important LLVM projects also
>> means that the LLVM folks will try to help the LDC folks when
>> needed.
>>
>> [1] http://llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/
>
> i dont think counting each time when ldc and d are mentioned in
> llvm community will help ldc and d to become popular)))

News ticker often refer to the LLVM release notes. E.g. the Heise
news ticker (http://www.heise.de/) always reports about a new
LLVM release. But I never succeded to place a new LDC release
into the ticker. It's simply a good way to more people and get
some advertising.

With every new LDC release I inform LLVM Weekly
(http://llvmweekly.org/), too, which is a widely read news
letter. From one of these source, news about LDC spread to other
sites like phoronix (http://phoronix.com/).

Maybe counting of each reference is a bit childish (but fun). The
real question is:

What do YOU do to advocate D?

Regards,
Kai