DlangUI 0.9.0: Console backend added

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 9 05:33:56 PDT 2016

On Friday, 9 September 2016 at 12:20:08 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> Keyboard support on Linux terminals seems most difficult.
> Some shortcuts are being processed by terminal app.

here programmer has no options.

> Some ctrl-combinations are causing signals.

switch tty to raw mode, and there will be no signals. see my
iv.rawtty2, for example.

> E.g. I cannot get working text selection moving by
> Ctrl+Shift+Arrows.

this is hightly dependent of the actual terminal emulator. in
real world, it is enough to support xterm mappings, rxvt mappings
and "Linux" (this is "real" console) mappings. xterm and rxvt
mappings aren't really conflicting (much). again, the messy
iv.rawtty2.ttyReadKey may give some clues.

of course, "best practice" is to use termcap/terminfo, but this
is even bigger mess! ;-)