From the D Blog -- GSoC Report: Step

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 9 10:48:10 PDT 2016

On 9/9/16, Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Wojciech Szęszoł has contributed a post describing his experience
> working on DStep for this year's GSoC. The post is at [1] and is
> on reddit at [2].

With regards to Sets missing from the language:

-----
struct Set(T)
{
    void[0][T] set;  // void[0] should not allocate (according to
ancient manuscripts)
    alias set this;

    void put ( ) ( auto ref T input )
    {
        this.set[input] = [];

void main ( )
{
    Set!int set;

    set.put(1);
    set.put(5);

    assert(1 in set);
    assert(5 in set);
    assert(4 !in set);
}
-----

I'm not sure about any special syntax which is expected for languages
which have built-in sets. It would probably be overkill to add syntax
support, but I'm not sure how often people use set literals or not.