Release 2.071.2

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 19 05:26:21 PDT 2016

On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 11:08:33 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Glad to announce D 2.071.2.
>
> http://dlang.org/download.html
>
> This point release fixes many issues with the new lookup and
> import rules. It should be used as a stopgap version when
> updating older code. The deprecations, the old access checks,
> and the -transition=import/checkimports switches are planned to
> be removed with 2.073.x.
>
> Those new rules should now be finalized and semantic changes,
> deprecations, as well as the -transition=import and
> -transition=checkimports switches should work as expected.
> Please file a bug if you have any problems.
>
> Also see the changelog for more details.
>
> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.071.2.html
>
> -Martin

Thanks for releasing this.

On a slightly related note, I think it would be a good idea to
branch off 2.072 and start beta testing right away, as it's been
five months since the last point release, and A LOT has changed
since then.  I fear that we may see a huge number of regressions
for this beta cycle because they've just been compounding over
this time.