Cppcon tonight at 8:30 in Bellevue

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 21 15:48:39 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 at 22:32:27 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> Wednesday 09/21/2016 8:30pm: Writing Secure C++
>
> CppCon is being hosted at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
> Directions and parking information can be found here:
>
> http://www.meydenbauer.com/parking-directions/
>
> Additional information on CppCon can be found here:
> http://cppcon.org/
>
> Don't need a ticket to attend this one, all are welcome. I plan
> on being there.

The website[1] says it's quite a bit more than free ($1195 for
late registration). Great conference though. There are a lot of
exceptional talks that come out of it. We were just talking about
the slides[2] for the Using Types Effectively talk this year in
#D on Freenode. My own programming has been increasingly adopting
this style over the last year so it's nice to learn some of the
type theory lingo. For anyone viewing the slides, Variant and
Nullable are the D equivalents of C++'s variant and optional.

1. http://cppcon.org/registration/
2.
http://www.elbeno.com/presentations/using-types-effectively/presentation.html