Numerical age for D: Mir v0.18.0 is faster then OpenBLAS

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 24 13:53:54 PDT 2016

On 09/24/2016 04:37 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Friday, 23 September 2016 at 13:25:30 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> Mir is LLVM-accelerated Generic Numerical Library for Science and
>> Machine Learning.
>>
>> Benchmark:
>> http://blog.mir.dlang.io/glas/benchmark/openblas/2016/09/23/glas-gemm-benchmark.html
>>

> Still time for a few edits of that post?
>
> Please emphasize the equally impressive comparison of the code necessary
> for the matrix multiplication.
>
> glas.gemm(alpha, a, b, beta, c);
>
> vs.
>
> cblas.gemm(
>     cblas.Order.RowMajor,
>     cblas.Transpose.NoTrans,
>     cblas.Transpose.NoTrans,
>     cast(cblas.blasint) m,
>     cast(cblas.blasint) n,
>     cast(cblas.blasint) k,
>     & alpha,
>     a.ptr,
>     cast(cblas.blasint) a.stride,
>     b.ptr,
>     cast(cblas.blasint) b.stride,
>     & beta,
>     d.ptr,
>     cast(cblas.blasint) d.stride);

Yes, this is important.

Also, I'm not sure whether the title of this thread is intended to be
the title of the blog. In that case, "Numerical age" -> "Numeric age"
(which btw sounds pretty cool).

Andrei