dmd Backend converted to Boost License

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 8 01:33:18 PDT 2017

On 04/07/2017 11:14 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6680
>
> Yes, this is for real! Symantec has given their permission to relicense
> it. Thank you, Symantec!

Wow! This is HUGE news for D, and may I say, I think some *major*
respect (and "props, j00!") are *well-deserved* here not only from
Walter's work, but also by Symantec themselves.

AFAIK, Symantec were under no particular obligation here, but
none-the-less chose the consumer/developer-friendly route, and I for one
couldn't be more appreciative. I'm one who can be very critical of,
well, everything, but the fine folks at Symantec have earned an enormous
amount of respect from me, and dare I say, the whole D language
community as well, in this one much-appreciated move. Major kudos, and
eternal thanks to all involved :)