"Competitive Advantage with D" is one of the keynotes at C++Now 2017

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 11 02:35:39 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 06:08:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Do you agree or disagree that D brings competitive advantage?
> Please let me know.

Agree.  There are different tradeoffs, obviously, and it won't
suit all use-cases, but the ability to iterate fast through
highly performant and provably correct code is very striking.

If you manage your compile-time generics well -- i.e. using them
to generalize for use cases that you definitely have, rather than
premature generalization -- you can get a lot of power out of
this that really helps with _effective_ code re-use.

Compile time checks, contracts, and easy built-in unittests all
make a big help in being able to make changes to code while
maintaining confidence in its correctness -- again, making it
faster to get things done.

And the simple clarity of the syntax really helps compared to,
say, C++.  It's much easier to write and much easier to read and
understand.  So, once again, it's easier to move fast.

> Are you attending the conference?

Not C++Now, I'm afraid.  But will we see you at DConf? :-)