"Competitive Advantage with D" is one of the keynotes at C++Now 2017

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 11 08:10:17 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 06:08:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I will be presenting D as a time-saving tool at C++Now:
>
>   http://cppnow.org/
>
> I have to say it took me a very long time to come up with the
> title and the abstract. How could I sell D to C++ experts?
> Luckily, I asked Manu and among a long list of ideas he said
> "it's about saving time" and "time is money". How can you argue
> with that? ;)
>
> Do you agree or disagree that D brings competitive advantage?
> Please let me know.
>
> Are you attending the conference?
>
> Ali

Coming from C++, I think you can talk about compilation times
first and the easiness of making a new program with dub (even
with dependencies).

Because imho library integration and waiting for the compiler are
the biggest pain points with C++, actually I'm not sure memory
safety will make trench workers switch. Newer C++ almost erased
leaks and memory errors if you follow it.