BLAS implementation for D

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 14 09:31:24 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 April 2017 at 15:37:20 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:

> You raise a very good point. My intention is to completely
> re-write each function that was based on GSL's CBLAS while
> upgrading the performance. Once this is done the library should
> be regarded as a different work ... if anyone knows more about
> how licenses work and can shed more light on this approach
> please comment. I would not want people to avoid using it in
> the future because of the license status.

Not a lawyer, but I think if you just port it to another language
it is a derived work in GPL and the ported project must also be
GPL.

However, if you're completely re-writing each function, I don't
know. Companies that do this would have one team look at every
function and write some specs for it and have another group write
it without reference to the original.