Call for arms: Arch Linux D package maintenance

R McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 17 04:04:11 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 09:34:00 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 16:17:32 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 19:58:47 UTC, Rory McGuire
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Any news on this? The arch packages are listed as orphaned.
>
> Same question, and adding that I volunteer to take over.
>
> Atila

Are you involved in Arch?

The update is that Arch TUs are not likely to accept one of us
that is not very involved in Arch. I've been watching the Arch
mailing lists a bit and two users that tried to get involved were
rejected and one user who is _very_ involved and has been for
years got accepted.

I have tried to contact the last person that built the packages
to see I could help with the dlang packages but have not received
a reply yet.